Time Required: Configuring Windows XP to auto login to a user account will take just a few minutes
- Click on Start and then Run. In the Open: text box, type the following command:
control userpasswords2Press the OK button.
This command will load the Advanced User Accounts Control Panel applet.
- In the Users tab, uncheck the box next to Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
- Click on the Apply button at the bottom of the User Accounts window.
- When the Automatically Log On dialog box appears,
enter the user name you wish to automatically login with. Then enter
your account password in the two fields where it's asked.
Click the OK button.
- Click OK on the User Accounts window to complete the process.
From now on, when your PC starts up, Windows XP will logon automatically.
- Not a Windows XP user? See How Do I Auto Login to Windows? for auto login instructions for your version of Windows.